CustomTurboWorld.com

Customized turbo and supercharger systems for all engines

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 17 Feb 2018, 21:39

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Spec Stage 3+ clutch and Single Mass Steel Flywheel BMW N54 
Site Admin

I've recently had this set installed in my 335i. The installation was pretty straightforward. Just remember to take the center carrier (sort of a steel shaft of 4 inches) out of the OEM flywheel, as it needs to be reused for the flywheel. Spec failed to include this instruction, and we wasted a day because of it. Nonetheless, the rest of the installation seems straightforward. The car is shaking a little with cold engine, low RPM shifts and between 1000 and 1750 rpm i can hear some vibration, but that could be from my catless downpipes that i had installed at the same time.

Nothing that worries me though. The clutch is certainly heavier than the OEM, but still manageable. The SM flywheel is fantastic. I think it actually improves drivability, it makes the car act much much more aggressive when you go WOT, and while cruising i get the feeling i'm actually getting better MPG, but that is still to be confirmed.

The clutch grips great and i think an improvement for the N54 car. i had a slipping clutch before, i don't think i'll have that problem again soon, even though i'm modding the turbo system significantly, trying to push to 500 whp.

09 Feb 2014, 21:46
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]